photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Packing for London

Snip20130904_155

{Gwyneth Paltrow in the Perfect Outfit for Sightseeing in London—naturally!}

It has been quite a hectic week trying to check everything off of my to-do list so that I can actually enjoy my vacation when we head to London on Saturday. If I get through everything by tomorrow afternoon, I think a vacation (and a cocktail) will definitely be in order. I am really looking forward to spending time with my husband in one of our favorite cities in the world and I know that we are both looking forward to the cool weather. As I am writing this, the temperature in Houston is 101 degrees. Luckily, the forecast for London calls for highs in the high 60s and lows in the 50s, so it will be great weather for sightseeing. Now I am just hoping that the rain chances will drop. We were so lucky on our first trip to London. The weather was sunny and gorgeous the whole time. I don’t know if we’ll be so lucky the second time, so I’m making sure to pack an umbrella, trench coat, and riding boots which are chic and comfortable for walking all day and will shield me from the rain if necessary. Because of the weather and the fact that I won’t be seeing crisp fall weather at home for quite some time, I am planning to pack jackets, suede booties, and clothes that I can wear in layers as the weather changes throughout the day. Luckily, I found some fabulous things last week at A Bientot for my trip. Now, I just have to think about how I’m going to put it all together.  Here’s a little of my outfit inspiration.

layers {Chic Layers—I’d wear my suede booties instead of sandals.}

preppy{A Preppy, Cozy Look}

olivia anorak

{Olivia Palermo’s look is at once polished and relaxed. What could be better for vacation?}

gwyneth cameron

{Gwyneth and Cameron Rocking Layers and Suede Booties}

motojacket

{I’d like this delicious leather motorcycle jacket in my closet STAT! Please and thank you.}

miranda

{Miranda Kerr always looks perfectly polished. I love her jacket.}

michelle       {Michelle Williams in a chic Burberry trench coat, black skinny trousers, and Charlotte Olympia Flats}

Snip20130904_168

Snip20130904_169

Snip20130904_170

Snip20130904_171

Snip20130904_172   

{ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 }

Any suggestions on what I should or should not pack?

Signature-3

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, that list is perfect. I would love not to have to wear layers and bundle up in a pile of wooly ugliness all winter.

Pigtown*Design said...

Paloma... i go to london about once a year or so, and lived there, too. When i travel there, I try to keep clothes to neutrals and then add colour accents. That way, you get the most out of the things you pack, and have room to bring home lots of goodies. Cashmere is light and warm, and doesn't take a lot of room.

Katy Byrne said...

I am in love with those Tory boots! (and your a bientot bag!) Have a great time! All my London friends swear by their Barbour coats

Rachel said...

I'd definitely go with layers, as you will probably need to strip down during the day. We just moved to the UK from Atlanta, and I was so excited to get away from humidity and unpack my fall-wear early, but it has been unseasonably hot and sunny here, and I haven't been able to break out my boots once.

The enchanted home said...

LOVE all these looks, so chic and classic but not trying to hard and mostly all look super comfy. VERY important. I am big on layers, love tissue weight cashmere for scarves, sweaters, cardigans, its the best! A great tote, fun shoes and boots, slenderizing pants and I am good to go.
ENJOY and safe travels....

Anonymous said...

Not sure when your trip dates are, but it's been 25+ in London the last week and 20/25+ for the last 3 months...I haven't eve taken a cardigan out with me since June. Climate change I guess ; )

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I have been keeping a close eye on the weather and it looks like it's been really warm recently. The high today was 87! It looks like we'll get lucky because a cold front is coming through, so the highs will be in the high 60s/ low 70s while we're there. Coming from 100 + temps, it will surely feel brisk and cool to us!

Unknown said...

It's been baking here this week....I suggest some flip flops too. Have a lovely time in our city x

Tiffany said...

It's been baking here this week, so pack some flip flops too ;-). Have a lovely time in our city x

Unknown said...

Fantastic outfit choices! Don't forget the umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Love this fashion post! I am already looking for grey suede boots and a camel cashmere coat.
Wonderful photo choices !

Hope we will get some great pics of you in London.


Carol :)

Unknown said...

Fashion post :) very nice !!

http://florisdelascasas.blogspot.it/

LuminescenceStyle said...

i always travel because of my husband's job, and i stumble upon ur blog, its a perfect post for me, ive been thinking on what to wear for my trip, what bag to bring, also what to bring inside the bag. i think its good to stay comfortably chic on your trip.

XXX
http://luminescencestyle.blogspot.com/