photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

LDV Top 10: Stylish Work Totes

gwyneth goyard

{Gwyneth Paltrow carrying her Monogrammed Goyard St. Louis Tote—Can you say “dream bag”?}

Since starting my design firm and focusing my time entirely on my interior design/consulting business and blog, I have been spending a ton of time in my car and find that I am always on the go—heading to client meetings, project site visits, showroom appointments, etc. Because I am always running around and need to carry all of the tools of the trade with me, I have found that large totes have become my go-to handbag style. Instead of carrying a purse and a tote, I prefer a great bag that is stylish and polished enough for me to carry to client meetings, yet versatile enough for me to stuff it with file folders, notebooks, fabric samples, paint decks, a tape measure, and all of my other tools of the trade. I have been carrying my orange Teddie Tote by GiGi New York all summer. It’s the perfect size and has my monogram in gold foil and has been great this season, but as Fall approaches, I will be swapping it out for the black Annabel Ingvall tote I just got at A Bientot in Houston. I am so in love with this bag! It’s such a great size and the leather is so supple and buttery! 

Before my “LDV Top 10” round-up of stylish work totes, I’ll leave you with a few other dream bags! Maybe I’ll get one of these babies for myself once I achieve a few more of my professional goals.

lv neverfull

{Krystal Schlegel’s Monogrammed Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote}

celine 

{Bradley Agather’s to-die-for Leopard Calfhair Celine Tote}

bottega veneta 

{Chiara Ferragni’s Gorgeous Monogrammed Bottega Veneta Tote}

valentino{A Chic Valentino Rockstud Tote}

Snip20130827_61

LDV Top 10: Stylish Work Totes

LDV Top 10: Stylish Work Totes   LDV Top 10: Stylish Work Totes 

{ 1. GiGi New York Teddie Tote (available in many colors) | 2. Large Annabel Ingall Tote | 3. Louis Vuitton Neverful MM Mon Monogram | 4. Tory Burch Marion Tote | 5. Madewell Transport Tote | 6. Alexander Wang Prisma Tote | 7. Cinco Powell Classic Tote | 8. J.Crew Goodwinn Tote | 9. Joie Edie Tote | 10. C.Wonder Printed Stripe Tote in Black Leopard }

What is your go-to handbag style? Do you prefer small or large bags? Which of these particular totes is your favorite?

Signature-3

9 comments:

Karena said...

Love totes Paloma. I love your Teddie and The Valentino has me swooning! Oh and the Joie Edie Tote, fabulous!

xoxo
Karena
Feature: Love Where You Live"

Chelsea said...

Ooh I love a good Tote! The colors and shape in 9 are really calling to me.

Dawna Jones Design said...

Can't live without a tote, by far the best and most convenient style of all. So glad to hear your business is booming.

Anonymous said...

Women aren't the only ones who follow you. Be inclusive now.

Kristina said...

In the summer I usually go for smaller bags, but as soon as fall rolls around I'm going back to a large carry-all. For some reason I need to carry more things in cooler weather ;)

Kristina does the Internets

Unknown said...

Anon, you make a very good point! I will keep that in mind moving forward and will think about putting together a round-up for totes for men. Within this specific group of bags, the Goyard, Bottega Veneta, and the Madewell bag would definitely work for men.

Squeak said...

I love the Louis Vuitton totes. And I saw a DKNY tote in forest green on the weekend that I may still buy.

Donna Benedetto said...

Well if money were no object I would have to take the Valentino or the Celine animal print...
All great choices...and as an interior designer you can't have enough totes!
Donna
thebeneblog.com

Unknown said...

These are all great choices. So chic! My fave is that classic Cinco Powell tote. That might have to go on my Christmas wish list! :-)