photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, February 22, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 02.22.13

sasha adler5

This week’s fabulous room is a peek into Sasha Adler’s fabulous Chicago living room. Sasha Adler is one of the design directors and Nate Berkus Associates and I have admired her undeniably chic style for several years now. Her beautiful Chicago home is featured in the current issue of ELLE. While there is plenty of eye candy, I wish there were more full room shots because I just can’t get enough of Sasha’s amazing style. In the living room of her one hundred year old apartment, Sasha added new bookcases designed to look old and had the built-ins and millwork lacquered in Farrow & Ball’s Pitch Black creating a dramatic effect. The brass grates and picture light balance out the darkness and masculinity. I love how Sasha has mixed silhouettes from various periods and has layered in multiple textures to create a collected, highly personal look with a dose of glamour.

Would you ever try a color like Pitch Black in your home? I will be tackling some design projects at home this weekend and actually can’t wait to get started. Have a wonderful weekend!

{Image Source: ELLE.com}

6 comments:

mikky said...

Oooo this is fabulous. I love the gold screens against the black, so very chic!
I don't think I'd do a whole room in black, but an accent wall like this I'd like. Have fun doing your design projects this weekend.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Yes! In my kitchen on my back door. This room is amazing the paint makes the space!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would paint a room in this color. I also love lacquer. I once had red lacquer walls in a New York City apartment. Farrow and Ball is the best paint for this finish. I can not wait to receive my Elle Decor so I can see more of this apartment. Great post.

Unknown said...

Love the way the books are a design element -- www.motownsavvy.com

Unknown said...

Love the way the books are used as a design element
--www.motownsavvy.com

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I just moved in my new place Saturday and I'm actually painting one wall in my office/den black. I believe it's called black by Behr.I plan to get a new white desk and have white mats on gold frames for art that I want to put up. It's my favorite color afterall.