photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leading Lady: Princess Letizia of Spain

{Two Chic Leading Ladies: Princess Letizia of Spain and Carla Bruni Sarkozy of France}

I have long been intrigued by the royal families of Europe. From my obsession with Princess Diana (and Prince William) in my early teens to my interest in the Tudor dynasty to a modern-day admiration for the ever-stylish Queen Rania of Jordan, I find the royals fascinating. For the past few years, it is Princess Letizia of Spain who has been on my radar. Her marriage to Prince Felipe was not without scandal as she was a journalist and divorcée prior to becoming a royal. Several years later, the Prince and Princess of Asturias have what seems to be a strong marriage, two beautiful daughters, Leonor and Sofia, and Letizia seems to turn heads everywhere she goes. She tends to dress in a classic, conservative way. She is a royal figurehead, after all, but she infuses every look with chic, youthful touches that make her overall look quite modern and polished.

 Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain attend Caja Madrid postgraduate grants ceremony at Real Academia de Bellas Artes on May 22, 2009 in Madrid, Spain.  (Photo by Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Prince Felipe;Princess Letizia

Princess Letizia - 'Principes de Asturias' Awards 2010 - Arrivals

La Princesa Letizia en los Premios Príncipes de Asturias II

La Princesa Letizia en los Premios Príncipes de Asturias IV

 

{Princess Letizia, Prince Felipe, and their daughters Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia with the Spanish National Soccer Team after Spain won the World Cup in July}

Princess Letizia Crown Prince Felipe of Spain, Princess Letizia of Spain and their daughters, Leonor (R) and Sofia (L) pose for photographers during the summer holidays on August 5, 2009 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

 

Are you a fan of Princess Letizia’s style? Is there a particular princess, queen, or first lady whose style you admire?

 

{Images via The Huffington Post and Zimbio}

25 comments:

Marta said...

adore her style and the grace with which she has managed to step into some big shoes.

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I have always been a fan of her and Queen Rania's style! They seem to have so much grace and polished style! All her outfits are gorgeous!

C. Anne said...

I remember watching Princess Letizia's whole church wedding on tv! She wore a beautiful wedding gown that like Grace Kelly had long sleeves and a conservative neckline made of delicate lace. That last picture of her daughters co-ordinating with mum in summery raspberry coloured shifts is absolutely adorable!

Smitten Design said...

She looks flawless. I want that white necklace she's wearing!

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

Sartorial princess! Her ensembles are always exquisite, not to mention how cute are the babies!

PJ said...

Honestly, I had no idea who Princess Letizia was before this post! I agree she's gorgeous and has a fantastic sense of style, but I just can't get past how teeny tiny she is. Childlike, almost.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

As Spanish myself I'm in between, she has some great outfits and some other big misses love all your picks though! and that all black dress is uber adorable! It's also the first time I see that fuchsia ruffled long skirt, with shirt and belt combo and I love it! she is definitely improving!!
Rania of Jordan has to be my favorite, great stylish lady!

Victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Wow, Princess Letizia has an amazing figure too!

She's not a royal (yet), but I also really admire Kate Middleton's style. I think she always looks young and fresh but still put together.

Meg said...

She's GORGEOUS! Love her look! I also love that Australian lady who's the princess of Denmark!

Rali @ Styles 'n Cream said...

Wow! I love her style - she is truly a modern proncess! And her two daughters are dorable. What a stylish and beautiful family!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

I was living in Madrid around the time Letizia and the Prince's royal romance heated up.
I used to love running down to the corner kiosk to peruse the latest Hola! and scope what she and all the starlets were wearing.
This brings back lots of great memories ; )
Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Helen Stroud said...

Beautiful girl and mega- stylish, but look at the body language between herself and her husband,,,brrrrrrrr!

Unknown said...

I love her shoes! And she looks amazing. Simple and ravishing all-in-one.

Wallpaper said...

I love her style!! Great post Paloma!! Thanks for letting us know about her...I think royals always have great taste!!

BTW I always love your Olivia Palermo posts, keep up the great blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Love her style but my favorite is Princess Mary of Denmark..

Anonymous said...

Love her style! And she looks very fit which makes her attractive in those sleeveless outfits. She wears lots of different colors well. I think she looks a tiny bit like Cindy Crawford. Very pretty and very stylish!

Anonymous said...

i stopped following royals since princess diana died. that would mean sometime ago. but seeing your blog on princess letizia opened up another following path. wow. i love her sense of style! her choices are not far from what i would pick for me. thanks for this post!

ALR said...

She is beautiful and stylish, a true princess. She looks like a real life barbie, edited to perfection.

Amy R.

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love Spain and all things Spanish. She is so chic and full of grace!

Unknown said...

I love the post! Princess Letizia, Princess Mary and Queen Rania are definitely my favourite royal fashion icons. Keep up the great work!

Monique said...

I adore her style. Very classy :)

Cyndia said...

Princess Letizia is lovely, and I think looks like Jackie Kennedy would look were she the first lady today. Very classic, elegant, and fashionable.

Lauren said...

she is just so beautiful. thanks for the intro & just adore her style

xoxo,
lauren

Rachael said...

Love this post! I agree, I always love to see ladies in politics or in royal families and their fashionable ensembles. Usually pretty, chic, and classic, what I love!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

She's always on Huffington Post and I always look forward to see what she will wear next. Never anything controversial and always stunning! I saw a second hand dress the other day that so reminded me of her black lace one, but it was in blue. I don't look great on the hanger, but I think would rock on...maybe I'll go back and get it.
Great post!