photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 10.29.10

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would put an Ikea kitchen in my dream house files. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t anything wrong with Ikea, but they have taken things to a whole new level with these shots from their upcoming catalog!

I honestly love everything about this kitchen. I would bring in some higher-end light fixtures, but other than that, I love the look. There is such a great balance between the more traditional look of the cabinetry and the raw, almost industrial feel of the space.

I really love the look of this open shelving against the exposed, painted brick. I don’t think I would do a kitchen with all open shelving, but since this kitchen already has a ton of upper and lower cabinets, this adds a nice touch.

Happy Halloween Weekend!

{Image Source}

23 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I need that cart on wheels!! So functional and cool!

samantha ramage said...

sometimes ikea just nails it! love these pictures! who knows if the cabinets and drawers will really last -- but who cares?!

xo
sami

Erika Ward said...

glad to see that ikea is up on the trends. they will probably receive an increase in the market share in the next quarter especially if they keep this up!

Rachael said...

Wow, this certainly is a dream kitchen. Love it!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love this look but open shelving would just drive me batty trying to keep it perfectly organized all the time. Those lights aren't the greatest quality but for, like, $14.99 how can you go wrong?

Happy Weekend!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Love the kitchen and completely agree about the lighting. I think great lighting really makes the space, it's like the perfect necklace with an outfit.

Anonymous said...

I love it! This might be my dream kitchen!

LuxuriousLife said...

I have seen a few kitchens Sarah Richardson has done with Ikea cabinets; they look great. It's all in how you put things together!!

The Purse-a-holic said...

The kitchen from heaven...

Unknown said...

Love the overall look, although they staged it with way too much "stuff", like the cakes! I think I must have dessert today. :)

Renee said...

Love this look!!

Unknown said...

Ikea has definitely stepped it up with their look. That kitchen rocks.

seesaw designs said...

ooh! love these..

Marie said...

I love this kitchen!

Karen Davis said...

I am surprised like you great photos!

Mona Thompson said...

I agree. Who would have thought?

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

This really is IKEA taking it to another level.
It's a great kitchen and could make many a homeowner happy. Just enough rough to suggest luxe ; )
Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Design Elements said...

happy to see IKEA! happy halloween

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I agree, good for you, Ikea!

Joie de Viv said...

Oh I LOVE this kitchen head to toe! IKEA - I hear a lot of great things about their kitchen design services. :)

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Peggy and Fritz said...

Incrediable. Love it. I like how they mixed it up to look so not Ikea.

Unknown said...

I love it! Ikea has great cabinets that are so worth it when paired with other items. We used them in our old Brooklyn Coop and the outcome was great. Check it out here: http://eaglesnestdesign.blogspot.com/2010/09/reminiscing.html
Of course, the catalog kitchen is way better, but considering that we did our entire kitchen for about 5K and used the existing appliances - I think the "after" is pretty dramatic. what do you think?

Leah said...

This kitchen is amazing!!!!

Luvs!!!