photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 8, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 10.08.10

Today’s fabulous room is the office in the Manhattan apartment of Amy Fine Collins. I have loved this room since first laying eyes on it in ELLE DECOR a couple of years ago. The antique desk is stunning, as are the dark, glossy walls. I love the way the various portraits are displayed on the wall without being totally symmetrical, along with the graphic punch from the zebra rug. It seems like such a great place to be productive. Check out that rolodex!

It’s been a busy week of playing catch-up after my trip to Southern California last week and preparing for my trip to Napa next weekend, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I want that chair!!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

This never gets old to me...Gloss my walls to the hilt, I just love it.

Chic and Charming said...

Love the dress, love the art!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

That IS a Fab room! Love how unique and Fearless it is! Have a blessed weekend!
xoxokpb
www.elements-interiors.net

The Purse-a-holic said...

Loving the table.....

Carpe Diem said...

Eclectic design truly draws me in. This room is a great example, that sometimes, creating a design that revolves around items YOU love and are beautiful, is the best recipe for great design.

ALR said...

I would just take the rug and be happy:) I don't ask for a lot.

Amy R.

designchic said...

I think I could get inspired in this office...love following your blog - it's always so inspiring!

Sketch42 said...

Im absolutely in love.

{Amanda} said...

Now THAT is what I call a desk! ♥

Saturday Around The World Blog Party!
http://donandamanda.blogspot.com

Linda in AZ * said...

* I TOTALLY AGREE with CARPE DIEM'S comment, above... a SUPER-FINE example here, for sure!

Best,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

wedding invitation kits said...

I don't know that I would be able to quite staring at the beauty of this room long enough to be productive!

Unknown said...

Glossy walls and a fabulous desk! Love it!

yummy mummy said...

I love this desk!!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

The unabashed grouping of so many dramatic pieces has always drawn me to this space as well.
Fearlessness is key to stylishness in my book!

Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

Debra said...

I love that desk. I would love to have an office like this.

Francine Gardner said...

very stylish room. Have a great trip in Napa