photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, October 4, 2010

California Dreamin’

California Fall 2010 184

I’m back from a whirlwind week in Southern California! I spent the first half of last week working and meeting up with fellow design bloggers in Los Angeles. On Wednesday, I headed down to Orange County where I spent time in Newport and Laguna Beach, both of which were breathtaking! Unfortunately, I didn’t have much time to explore LA. On Monday, my dear friend Jeni took me to some of the shops in the La Cienega Design Quarter and on Tuesday, I spent the entire day working (More on this later. It was an unforgettable experience!) and then met up with the fabulous Erin Gates of Elements of Style and some of our stylish friends for dinner at the Palihouse Hotel. I wish I had taken some pictures of the Palihouse because it was a pretty fabulous, though hard to find place. On Wednesday, I met up with fellow bloggers, Ashlina from The Decorista, Jami from Imagine Design, and Arianna of Arianna Belle for lunch at Toast on Third. The entire time I was in LA it was hotter than Houston. Just my luck!

california1

California Fall 2010 021

{Our first stop was at Hollywood at Home, which carries the most amazing textiles by Peter Dunham and John Robshaw, among others.}

California Fall 2010 020

California Fall 2010 016

California Fall 2010 017

{I loved the stacks of books atop this zinc table.}

Hollyhock

 California Fall 2010 031 {Hollyhock has a a lovely, very refined, traditional assortment of goods.}

California Fall 2010 026

California Fall 2010 025

{We also visited Downtown L.A. and Mecox Gardens, but I didn’t snap any photos. Oops!}

 california2 California Fall 2010 051 {Dinner at The Palihouse with the Girls- Clockwise from Top: Shannon, Erin, Marie, Jeni, Paloma, and Ashley}

California Fall 2010 062{Lunch at Toast on Third – From Left: Ashlina, Me, Jami, and Arianna}

california3

California Fall 2010 065

{The Gorgeous View from our Villa at Pelican Hill}

On Wednesday afternoon, I drove down to Newport to meet up with my dear friend Jeni and her family who invited me to stay with them at their villa at the gorgeous Pelican Hill Resort. It is completely breathtaking!

{Watching the Sunset with Jeni}

{My First Pinkberry Experience…Um, we need one in Houston, STAT!}

California Fall 2010 100

{One of Several Pictures Taken on our Morning Walk in Pelican Hill- I will be doing a separate post on Pelican Hill and the Avalon Hotel, where I stayed in Los Angeles later in the week.}

California Fall 2010 132{The AMAZING pool at Pelican Hill}

House Hunting

California Fall 2010 165

{Seeing as how I fell in love with Newport and Laguna, it was only natural that we would go looking at houses. I think this one will do just fine! Both the house and the trees are super charming. Unfortunately, I don’t have the millions it takes to live in that area just yet, but a girl can dream.}

California Fall 2010 166{Belgian Style on the California Coast}

California Fall 2010 170

{Jeni and I at the Montage}California Fall 2010 167 {Before Dinner at the Montage in Laguna Beach}

California Fall 2010 175{Amazing! Seriously, can I please live here?}

California Fall 2010 176 {The Incredible Montage Resort}

{After dinner, we were given a tour of the kitchen which was a very cool experience for this Top Chef junkie.}

{Beautiful Food}

California Fall 2010 177{Perfection.}

I realize that this is getting to be a long post and I could honestly post a million more photos of the beautiful views from the Montage, but I’ll spare you and save them for Facebook! Be sure to check back tomorrow for posts on my favorite store in California and The Avalon Hotel in Los Angeles and Pelican Hill Resort in Newport Coast.

15 comments:

melifaif said...

Yes, it is so gorgeous! I am glad you had a wonderful visit.

Claudia Cifuentes said...

Looks like an amazing trip! Glad you got to try pinkberry, one of my faves! :)

Chelsea said...

So fun to read this post! I grew up on the west (Utah) but spent, and still spend, many summers in Southern Cali... I think the first time I saw Pelican Hill I was convinced I WILL someday live in Newport Coast. It's just stunning. And the Montage... oh, that hotel is pure ocean breezy bliss:)

Glad you got to experience it!

Jami - XOimagine said...

Paloma! This is a beautiful CA summary post! I love it! The Montage is breathtaking! I love the Arts & Crafts vibe! It was super cool meeting up for lunch with you while you were here and I'm looking forward to your next trip to CA!

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

Rachael said...

These pictures make me miss California so much! Great pictures, glad you had fun!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

MerciBlahBlah said...

Aaaahhh!! So excited to see your post, because The Hubs and I leave this Thursday for Laguna and Newport. Laguna is my favey fave place in the U.S., and I. Cannot. WAIT. Love love love your photos. Glad you had a great time!

Merci,
Shannan

Vanessa Stern said...

Paloma, looks like you had a great time in LA - beautiful pics! I'd love to meet you if you visit again...cheers!

xo,

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

The first photo is breath taking. An entire room can be designed based around those colors.

Cardigans and Couture said...

who gave you the tour of the kitchen at the montage? My cousin is the executive chef there...just wondering if maybe it was him. :)

Anonymous said...

I live right near the Montage Hotel...it's where we go to the beach!! Nice to see your pics. California is the best place to live:)

Allison

Emily @ GEORGE Interior Design said...

Wow! Love this post... makes me appreciate all of the wonders in my own backyard! Oh, and I'm obsessed with that Belgium designed house on the SoCal coast!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such hot weather. I live in San Diego and that was our one hot week of the year! It is beautiful here and all of us who live here do appreciate it each day. I know I pinch myself when I drive by the ocean on the way to work!

Design Elements said...

Gorgeous! I miss the summer. Greetings from Germany

Anonymous said...

We stayed at Pelican Hill in April, isn't it great?! I loved it and can't wait to go back, (oh, and that pistachio gelato...yum)! Looks like you had a great time and I bet Ashlina is just as sweet in person! xo

p.s. I am having an Anthropologie giveaway if it interests you! xo

Oksana said...

Thank s for the pictures and looks like you had a great time!
xoxo
Oksana