photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

California Dreamin’: The Avalon Hotel and Pelican Hill Resort

California Fall 2010 056

My trip to California last week was jam-packed with activities, especially in Los Angeles, which didn’t leave me too much time to enjoy The Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills to the fullest, but I did enjoy my stay and the central location. It didn’t take me more than ten minutes to get anywhere. The Avalon was a favorite of Marilyn Monroe’s back in the 1950s and it has become a favorite of design enthusiasts since Kelly Wearstler redesigned the property.

 California Fall 2010 053

{The cabanas by the pool feature fabulous mosaic-like murals.}

California Fall 2010 059

{Sadly, I didn’t have time to eat at the glamorous Oliverio restaurant, but I have heard wonderful things about the food and service. Aren’t the chairs fabulous?}

California Fall 2010 001

{I was given a premium room which was super spacious, with a sitting area and separate workspace. The rooms feature Sferra linens and the bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable.}

California Fall 2010 005 {The rooms have more of a mid-century modern influence than the public spaces downstairs.}

California Fall 2010 003

{The Large Workspace}

California Fall 2010 007

{The bathroom was roomy and had plenty of space for laying out my things.}

California Fall 2010 009 {A Second Look at the Bathroom}

California Fall 2010 010

{I loved that The Avalon is eco-conscious, choosing to use full-size bottles of Neil George toiletries instead of small ones. The products were very luxurious and smell divine!}

 

California Fall 2010 116 {The Breathtaking Grounds at Pelican Hill}

The two hotels that I stayed in during my trip were both very chic and comfortable, but completely different. On Wednesday, I headed down to Newport Coast because my friend and her family had invited me to stay with them at the gorgeous Pelican Hill Resort. The resort is ultra luxurious with every amenity one could possibly wish for. It’s best feature is the gorgeous views. It was my first time in Newport and Laguna Beach and I am already dying to go back!

California Fall 2010 114 {The Main Courtyard at Pelican Hill}

California Fall 2010 132 {The Main Pool}

California Fall 2010 131 {Stunning!}

California Fall 2010 130 {The Adorable Children’s Camp}

California Fall 2010 119

{The Beautiful Grounds}

California Fall 2010 112 {Chic Spa}

California Fall 2010 069

{Watching the Sunset from our Terrace}

California Fall 2010 193 {Pathway Leading to the Front Door of our Beautiful Villa}

California Fall 2010 065 {More Breathtaking Views}

California Fall 2010 070

{Part of Our Terrace}

pelican hill villa{Villa Floor Plan- It was such a fantastic size!}

California Fall 2010 082 {The Large Living Area – The whole villa was such a great size. I would move right in!}

California Fall 2010 083 {Dining Room}

California Fall 2010 084 {Nice Kitchen}

{Jeni and I on the Balcony at Sunset…Thank you so much for inviting me to stay with you and your family at such an amazing place!}

 

{All Images by Paloma Contreras- Please Do Not Use without Express Consent}

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Beautiful pictures!!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Laura Trevey said...

So mod! Love it ~~ I would like to be sitting by that fabulous pool too...

xoxo Laura

ag. said...

I am so in love with all the details at The Avalon! It looks incredible..I'm now wishing I was there! And the pool at Pelican Hill, oh my gosh! It all looks amazing!

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Wow looks like both hotels were fabulous! I really loved the first one ecspecially those full size shampoo/cond. bottles!

Design Elements said...

looks amazing!

LiveLikeYou said...

Sunny green California looks just perfect especially as it's rainy and cold here...

Arianna Belle said...

Wow the Pelican Resort looks amazing! I must take a trip there sometime!