photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Nicole of SoHaute

Fresh off of mentions in both Lonny and House Beautiful, the beautiful and talented Nicole Gibbons of SoHaute is here to share the “10 Things” she can’t live without today. Nicole is a New York-based interior designer with an knack for creating beautiful spaces combining classic touches and modern details. She also happens to be one of the most gracious bloggers I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with. Like Nicole, her “10 Things” list is thoughtful, charming, and fun!

My passport affords me the opportunity to travel the world and my absolute favorite vacation destination is the Caribbean. I've been seduced by the natural beauty of the islands...the colors, the crystal clear water, the lush tropical landscaping and the tranquil ocean breeze. There's no place on earth I'd rather be!

My idea of the perfect night out is enjoying a low-key dinner with friends. There's nothing better than great conversation, laughter, amazing food and plenty of wine. I'm a sucker for Italian and one of my favorite restaurants is Gusto Ristorante in the West Village. Their pastas are heavenly!

I love my best friends Lizzy, Evita and Deidra more than anything and I'm so lucky to have these three incredibly smart, talented and beautiful women in my life! I've known Lizzy & Evita since we were six and Deidra since we were 18 and I couldn't imagine life without them!

My friends jokingly refer to me as Martha because I bake something just about every weekend! I savor anything lemon, crave chocolate and recently I've developed a new found obsession with peanut butter cookies. I live for this recipe.

I love an old-school comedy and my favorite movie of all-time is Coming to America starring Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall. I can recite just about every word line for line! No matter how many times I watch that movie, it's guaranteed to have me in stitches!

My favorite accessories are three gold watches (similar to the ones above) that I inherited from my grandfather after he passed away several years ago. They're hands down my most prized possessions. Not only do they remind me of my grandfather every time I put them on, there also incredibly chic.

Like Paloma I'm crazy for anything Greek key! I also love Chinoiserie and both of my decorative obsessions are captured in this lovely photo of Ruthie Sommers in her now defunct LA shop Chapman & Radcliffe Home. The desk, the framed de Gournay wallpaper panels...in the words of Rachel Zoe, I die!

I couldn't possibly function without the various gadgets that are a part of my daily life...my Macbook, iPad, Blackberry and Canon G10 camera enable me to blog, help me to capture inspiration, keep me organized and allow me to stay connected. I have to add the internet to this list too...I'd feel lost without the world wide web!

I thrive on inspiration and am inspired by so many things from architecture, nature, books and magazines to the work of interior design legends of the past, my travels, culture, blogs...you name it. I'm constantly surrounded by inspiring things which help fuel my creativity on a daily basis.

There's nothing like coming home every day to a comfortable home that I love. My apartment provides a quiet and relaxing respite from the hectic pace of New York City and is filled with beautiful things that have deep personal meaning. My reflects who I am and is a place that truly makes me happy.

13 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Definitely funny movies... I am with ya!!

xoxo Laura

Unknown said...

we are alike - i agree with all!

*kiss kiss*
Erika


PS - spreading the word - come one come all and
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

I love, love, LOVE Coming to America! One of my faves ever. Great list. Couldn't live without my passport either.

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my Friends and dining out too!

*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*






Check out GIVEAWAY :-)

The Purse-a-holic said...

Love this 10 things! Could not have written a list that more reflects me! (change Greek keys to purses and were done). :-)

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

ashlina {the decorista} said...

such a fab list. i love nicole. she is such a fun gal! xo

Rachael said...

Love the picks!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great list- these are all so fun to read!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Love her style and NY apt!

KimberlyMDavis said...

Love your Apt! Very classic and welcoming! Your list was Great too! Have a great week.

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Such a fabulous list of 10, especially the comforts of home. You can't go wrong there.

LiveLikeYou said...

There's nothing like your best girlfriends!

So Haute said...

Paloma!! Thank you so much for featuring me in your 10 Things Series and for your sweet words!! It was so fun to put the list together!!
And thanks to everyone for all of the supportive comments! xoxo
Nicole