photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Perfect Match: When Magazines Meet

magazine mashup I read a lot of magazines. Seriously, A LOT. The majority are fashion and shelter publications, but I throw in a few others for good measure. I have poured over every issue of Lonny since its debut last fall and have read SELF for a few years now, so I was delighted to make a connection between these two wonderful publications. The gorgeous Zoe Saldaña of Avatar fame (I must be the only person on the planet who still hasn’t seen the film) graces the May cover of SELF. Inside, there is a beautiful spread of the lovely Zoe. Isn’t she just gorgeous? I really loved how sweet and ethereal all of the photos were. In fact, the photos of Zoe conjured up images of Michelle Adams’ apartment which was just featured in the April/May issue of Lonny.

lonny zoe

zoe2

{I think the connection I made between the two must have been based on the sweetness of both sets of images, combined with a color palette composed of yellow, ink blue, and grey.}zoe {Both spreads feature beautiful floral prints.}

 

Image Credits: SELF and Lonny

11 comments:

ashlina {the decorista} said...

i love this...super cute connection. Avatar was awesome + Zoe in it, was perfection!

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

You're right, Paloma! Would never think about making a connection between 2 different magazines and about person and home! This is an ingenious idea! Thanks for sharing! xo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

what an eye Paloma! nice idea! ps: I haven't seen avatar either

Averill said...

Don't worry -- I still haven't seen Avatar either! ;)

Bethany Dirksen said...

I can totally see how you found these to be a similar feeling. Maybe not the covers, but definitely the other two. Neat!

Anonymous said...

Nice eye catch Paloma, it is true how they are beautifully matched.

Thanks for sharing.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love Lonny, put wish it was in print, I like the feel of the pages between my fingertips!

Marcus Design said...

Very pretty images, the floral print reminds me of some yellow, black and white gorgeous floral print shoes I am coveting from Nine West right now.
Nancy

sketch42 said...

Good eye... and a cute idea for a post

KSK said...

I still haven't seen Avatar either!

Bridget said...

zoe s. is gooorgeous. and
you
must
see
avatar.